To feel dizzy means you experience some illusions and strange motions that make imbalance in posture and discomfort.
This also leads to loss of balance, feeling dizzy after standing up, feeling like passing out, spinning room sensations, blood flow swept all the way down to feet. This is not dangerous, and can be treated.
Causes of Dizziness
There are several causes for vertigo or dizziness.
- Anxiety disorders. Often, excessively anxious people cannot breathe properly and their brain lacks oxygen, thus dizziness occurs.
- Ear and inner ear infections. Aside of using these organs for hearing, they also keep our balance. So, in case of ear infection, it is harder to feel balanced.
- Those with low pressure could feel dizzy since they lack sugar. You have to follow some diets to meet daily needs of sugar.
- Being dehydrated, especially in the summer heat can cause this issue too.
- Certain medications create absence of sugars thus you feel vertigo.
In case you are not certain what might cause the vertigo, talk to a doctor and even make blood marker tests to see if you have anemia, lack of B vitamins and if you need some supplements too. Learning how to cure dizziness can be far easier than you could ever imagine. Tips will be provided below for your consideration.
Imbalance, faintness, unsteadiness, nausea, vomiting, chest pains, shortness in breaths, stiff neck, blurry vision, weak limbs, vision changes.
- Get water pills. In case of Meniere’s disease, you may have to get prescribed with diuretics. This with less salt in the diet might reduce frequency of dizziness episodes.
- Medications for dizziness. Some antihistamines can give short-term relief. Also some scopolamine skin patches do the work.
- Medications for nausea. Keep in mind such medications could make drowsiness.
- Medications for anxiety. Certain sedatives or benzodiazepines meds could create addiction along relief, so consult a doctor beforehand.
- Head maneuvers. The technique Epley maneuver resolves the positional dizziness faster than usual. This is done by doctors, physical therapists, audiologists which make head positioning. Before this process, notify the expert if you have neck or back issues, blood vessel problems or detached retina.
- Balance therapies. Learn some exercises to make balance system less prone to dizziness. This is called vestibular rehab. It helps in inner ear problems like vestibular neuritis.
- This therapy aids in anxiety-related dizziness.
Surgery And Other Procedures
- The doctor could inject the inner ear with antibiotics for imbalance dysfunction.
- Removal of sense organ in inner ear. This procedure is rarely used and is called labyrinthectomy. This disables the vestibular labyrinth and the other ear takes over the rest of work. This is used for hearing loss and if the dizziness did not respond to other methods.
Rest And Lie Down
When you get up from sleeping, sit at the edge of bed a bit before you stand up. Remain seated until this has passed. If you can, place the head between legs to regain balance. Also, try to get at least 8 hours sleep at night.
Hydration And Water
Lack of water makes dizziness too so take water in small sips. Have 8-10 glasses water during the day.
Improper breathing also makes worse dizziness. Sit down or lie down, count to 5 as you breathe, fill up the stomach with air and exhale.
Organic and healthy foods help a lot in reducing dizziness episodes. Have organic yoghurt, fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts, seeds, teas, water, healthy fats, fish, olive and coconut oil, proteins like eggs, grass-fed meat and avoid fast foods and sugars.
Stress and inflammation are linked and create dizziness too. Stress worsens immunity and ear infections get more frequent. You will notice more vestibular swellings too. If you are constantly stressed you cannot workout, rest and be healthy. Remember to sleep at night, have workouts, do yoga and meditation, walk outdoors.
If you notice dizziness starts or is upcoming, immediately sit down or lie down. Rest a bit and call for medical help. Avoid the dangerous activities like sport activities and driving, climbing and such.
Lack of balance could lead to some injuries. Regain consciousness, sip a bit of water or some natural juice, have good lighting (not too dark or too light) and the dizziness will soon pass.
If you can, have a lemon zest, or lemon chunks, even lemon essential oil nearby – the smell of lemon gives focus and reduces nausea excellently.